OnePlus has been diversifying its portfolio with a number of recent launches targeting pricing throughout the spectrum, after focused largely on flagship phones for a few years. Some of that growth could be higher-end, such as a premium version of the OnePlus 10 Pro, which has been speculated recently. But there’s also intriguing news on the other end of the spectrum, and this week we’re looking at some early reports about a Dimensity 8100-powered handset that could be the OnePlus Ace, including a marketing render of the phone’s rear.
The latest images show the device’s back, which features a sleek grooved pattern and a huge, protruding camera module. There are two color options: black and a silvery blue (bluish silver? ), the latter of which appears to have some color-shifting motion. We also have a new image that is purported to depict the OnePlus 10R in particular, and when compared to previous renders, the newest ones reveal a little more styled design. Both devices appear to be based on the Realme GT Neo 3, implying that their internal hardware will be nearly identical.
OnePlus Ace/10R wallpapers have also been obtained by XDA Developers, courtesy of developer mlgmxyysd, which you can download in their entirety. It’s probable that the three wallpapers’ colours correspond to the device’s colour options, which are Arctic Glow, Green, and Sierra Black.
The OnePlus Ace will, according to prior information supplied by leaker Digital Chat Station, carry on the legacy of the Oppo Reno Ace, which was released in 2019, with a focus on performance and charging. That means some assistance from MediaTek’s powerful Dimensity 8100 chip, as well as support for lightning-quick 150W charging.
According to a different source, the OnePlus Ace would have a 6.7-inch FHD+ display with a punch-hole in the centre. We’ve heard good things about its image capabilities, and the phone’s primary camera is rumoured to use Sony’s IMX766 sensor, which has been seen on phones like the Xiaomi 12.
Here’s all we know about the OnePlus Ace so far.
When will the OnePlus Ace be available for purchase?
The Ace has yet to receive an official release date, and OnePlus has yet to confirm its existence. However, with the smartphone lately appearing on Geekbench and reports from China suggesting it’s a rebranded version of the Realme GT Neo 3, it appears like the device is almost ready to ship.
Another popular rumour is that the OnePlus Ace will be the device that was previously assumed to be the OnePlus 10R. We’ve already heard that the 10R will be released in May 2022, so if that’s the case, the Ace will be released soon after.
What is the price of the OnePlus Ace?
Pricing is unknown, as is the release date, but we do have some hints courtesy to prior OnePlus 10R rumours and the Realme GT Neo 3 that has already been released. Here’s how the OnePlus 9R stacked up financially:
- ¥2599/Rs39,999 (about £399/$519/€469) OnePlus 9R 5G (8GB+128GB)
- ¥2999/Rs43,999 (about £439/$579/€519) for OnePlus 9R 5G (12GB+256GB).
- ¥3299/Rs42,999 (about £425/$559/€499) OnePlus 9RT (8GB+128GB)
- ¥3799/Rs46,999 (about £469/$615/€559) OnePlus 9RT (12GB+256GB)
This led us to forecast that the OnePlus 10R would be priced similarly, and that prediction has already been confirmed by the Realme GT Neo 3’s availability in the following configurations:
- ¥1,999 (£235/€285/$315/23,915) Realme GT Neo 3 (6GB/128GB, 80W charging)
- ¥2,299 (£270/€330/$360/27,505) Realme GT Neo 3 (8GB/128GB, 80W charging)
- ¥2,599 (£310/€370/$410/31,100) Realme GT Neo 3 (12GB/256GB, 80W charging)
- ¥2,699 (£320/€385/$425/32,290) Realme GT Neo 3 (8GB/256GB, 150W charging)
- ¥2,899 (£345/€415/$455/34,685) Realme GT Neo 3 (12GB RAM/256GB, 150W charging)
As you can see, the Realme is a little cheaper, while pricing in other regions may climb due to VAT or other charges.
What specifications and features can we expect from the OnePlus Ace?
The most credible rumour we’ve seen thus far comes from Chinese tech tipster Digital Chat Station, who wrote:
“Finally, the new OnePlus with the Dimensity 8100 can be identified as the OnePlus Ace series. Yes, that is the Ace who was previously known as Oppo Ace. I stacked 150W super flash charging + Dimensity 8100 + IMX766, and the back cover is polished to a texture, because it still focuses on rapid charging and gaming.” [Google Translate translation]
This was backed up by GSMArena, which stated that “the device is anticipated to be a rebranded Realme GT Neo 3,” while also posting the findings of the Geekbench scores that were considered to be related to the gadget.
Here’s a breakdown of the technical specifications for the Realme GT Neo 3:
- 6.7in 120Hz Full HD+ AMOLED display
- 1000Hz touch sampling rate
- HDR10+ support
- MediaTek Dimensity 8100 chipset
- Dedicated GPU
- Stainless steel + copper vapour chamber cooling
- 6GB/8GB/12GB RAM (LPDDR5)
- 128GB/256GB storage (UFS 3.1)
- Rear cameras: 50Mp main f/1.8 Sony IMX766 sensor w/ OI 8Mp 119° ultrawide 2Mp 4cm macro 16Mp front-facing camera
- Stereo speakers
- 4500mAh/5000mAh battery
- 80W/150W UltraDart fast charging (50% in five minutes)
- Colours: Le Mans (blue), Silverstone (white), black
If these rumours are true, the OnePlus Ace will most likely have the same specifications as the OnePlus One. If this seems unusual to you, knowing that Oppo, Realme, and OnePlus are all owned by BBK Electronics is worth noting.
As a result, technology, research, and designs have been closely shared, with certain teams working across brands. The moniker Ace was previously used by Oppo on a number of devices, thus the new OnePlus Ace appears to be a partnership between the three businesses.
We’ll update this page when more information becomes available, but in the meantime, check out our guides to the best OnePlus phones.
If you missed
- BOAT Airdopes 161 review – Grippy and comfortable earbuds
- OnePlus 10R comes with 150W fast charging – First Impression
- Google Pixel 6 Pro Review – With the Pixel 6 Pro, you get a lot
- Oneplus 10 Pro OR Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra – WHICH ONE IS BEST TO BUY?
- OnePlus 10 Pro Review – what you need to know before buying
- Poco X4 Pro 5g Review – everything you need to know
- The Oppo Find N – Galaxy Z Fold 3 Competitor
- Oppo Find X5 Series Review – A serious competitor to the S22 Ultra.
- Asus 8z review – Is the high price, however, justified?